twitter

Monday, October 15, 2012

What we do in the far north in late fall

Last sunday the sun came suddenly out and I grabbed the chance to go on one of the probably last trail runs in the mountains around Tromsø. It was the second time I tested my Nathan hydration vest and it performed outstandingly. The two liters of water were plenty for the run and I did not have to take off the vest even once. When I needed some snack I could just snatch it out of the top pocket in the back and the front pockets were great for storing treats and gear.

The air was ice cold and clean, the sky crystal blue and my feet were spinning to the sound of the cracking snow under them. It was a truly great run out in the mountains! Hopefully there will be many more like this.

Here is the track:


And here are some pictures of the trail and the breathtaking landscape.