twitter

Saturday, February 03, 2007

first reactions

Dear Teater Aksen,

Just wanted to take a moment to congratulate you on the play! I have had some wonderful feedback! I realise that you have not had the exact audience reaction you thought you would get but I don’t believe there’s anything wrong with that. Matthew tells me people are leaving talking about what the hell they have just seen and during the interval there are a lot of confused people! I am pleased about this – what’s theatre if it’s not challenging and pushing the boundaries! I just hope you all know what a good play this is and how well you are doing it!

Some audience comments so far!....

“By far the best acting I have seen!”
“It’s either the worst or the best play I’ve seen – just trying to work it out!”
“The animal scenes were great – I didn’t quite understand the rest!”
“I thought I had just walked in on someone’s rehearsal!”
“I feel so emotional… and a little scared!”

You have sparked lots of discussion which is a huge compliment. We really have challenged the genre of theatre people are used to seeing here.

I also wanted to take the chance to say thank you again for putting so much effort and professionalism into this project. I know some of you are leaving the group and I thought I’d take this opportunity to wish you every success with where you are going! So, enjoy the last performance tonight – have a great celebration afterwards and have fun filming tomorrow.

Love you all!

Jill x